Sunday, April 22, 2007

The All Powerful God

23rd Psalm

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Daniel 3:16-21
Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up. Nebuchadnezzar was so filled with anger toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego that his face turned red. He ordered that the furnace should be heated seven times hotter than normal. And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace. Then the three men were thrown into the blazing furnace. They were wearing their clothes, hats, and other clothing. he king's order was so urgent and the furnace was so extremely hot that the men who carried Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were killed by the flames from the fire. So these three men-Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego-fell into the blazing furnace. They were still tied up. Then Nebuchadnezzar was startled. He sprang to his feet. He asked his advisers, Didn't we throw three men into the fire? That's true, Your Majesty, they answered. The king replied, But look, I see four men. They're untied, walking in the middle of the fire, and unharmed. The fourth one looks like a son of the gods. Then Nebuchadnezzar went to the door of the blazing furnace and said, "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego-servants of the Most High God-come out here." Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out of the fire.

No comments: