Friday, June 22, 2007

Gayl

Gayl is a mighty warrior for God and for patients; and its because she loves them. Her strength springs from her love for people and for God.

Gayl is an exceptional person, and I was very blessed to be with her. I'll never understand why her family never appreciated her or why they always put her down. Jealousy? She is a great doctor and loving, caring person. She was nice to everyone she met, I have never met anyone who even came close. She has a warm, loving, cheerful heart and would never do anyone deliberate harm. Maybe that is why the lawsuits and hurtful comments from her family cut her so deep. She was always, and I mean always, nice to them and showed them love and affection. Yet, she would find out time and again that they had some plot against her or were trying to deliberately hurt her. For example, a few years back we saved up and bought her a Toyota Supra; she really liked the car and it was so much fun for her to drive. She liked it. So, what did her mom do the first time she saw it? Said a doctor would never drive a car like that, and put a wooden box on the car's roof, just to scratch it up. It really broke her heart cause she would never be so inconsiderate to someone else. She so wanted to be liked by her family, and yet she never felt like they liked her or respected her. They were never at her side when she needed them. Like her father, he dislikes me; so even though Gayl was ill he avoided seeing me and Gayl and chewed her out by phone for allowing me to take care of her. Why do that to her? Why, why, did they make her cry? Why could they never say anything nice about her, ever? Her hair, too long. Her medical school degree, not top of the class. Her house, too big. Her dogs, too many Her taste in clothes, not right. Her color sense, not right. Her gifts, not expensive enough. Her piano playing, not perfect. Her cooking, not good enough. But, she excelled in everything that she did. Everything. She gave them no excuse or cause for complaint. Why could they just not love and accept her? Just because she thought things through and did things her own way, they needed to criticize. And, much more often than not she was correct when she did things her own way. Maybe I am not seeing clearly because I love her so much, but they way they treated her was horrible. Horrible in the sense that they never once complimented her, said they were proud, or encouraged her. Horrible because they were never there for her during any crisis. Horrible because they accused me of adultery hundreds of times, when they knew that the accusations were false every time they made them. Horrible because they celebrated our divorce. Horrible because she and I had to hide our love for each other these many years so that she would not have even more grief and problems inflicted on her by her family while she was battling cancer and injustices. And yet, in spite of it all, she was a happy and cheerful person. Jesus lives in her heart, truly.

What a wonderful person, companion, love, and friend. And what lovely blue eyes. There will never be her equal. I miss her more with each passing day and can hardly wait to see her again. Life without her is like a prison sentence. I'll try to honor her with my life, but I would much rather be with her. I will never understand why people do not recognize and mourn what we have lost, she is unique in all the world and the most loving and kind person I know. Christ must be proud of her, I am. I am unworthy to be here instead of her. I miss her so very much, I want to be with her.

No comments: